Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
How can we use digital to put sustainability at the heart of the UK economy?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 from 1:30 PM to 6:30 PM (BST)
At the Technology Strategy Board (TSB) we invest millions of pounds a year to promote and enable innovation in the UK. But the world is changing fast, and we believe that to keep the UK economy competitive in the long term, we need to put sustainability at its heart.
So now we need your help.
We’ve been working with leading sustainability non-profit Forum for the Future to build a framework for a sustainable economy. We now want to turn this complex content into an intuitive and useful digital tool that will help UK businesses innovate better, and the TSB to make better investment decisions.
In this Digital Shoreditch Openhouse session, we are throwing out this content to your creativity. The best ideas will be taken forward by the TSB to build the tool in 2012.
Who are we looking for?
- Digital professionals who can bring a creative approach to this project. We want a mix, so coders, creatives, business minds - all digital types are welcome!
What will you get out of it?
- Understanding and insight into sustainability trends and issues
- Exposure to Technology Strategy Board and Forum for the Future’s people and networks
- Networking opportunities with your peers in the digital community
- Profile for the best ideas
- Fun – drinks, food and fun provided!
- Dr James Taplin, Principal Sustainability Advisor, Forum for the Future
- Helen Le Voi, Service Design Lead, Fjord
- Alberto Barreiro, Head of Experience, itv.com
- Dr Mike Pitts, Sustainability Manager - Chemistry Innovation, Technology Strategy Board
This session will be run under a ‘creative commons’ ethos, so be prepared to share and collaborate. There will time & drinks after the session for networking!
About Forum for the Future
Forum for the Future is the leading sustainability non-profit. We are independent, and work with over 100 of the biggest and most pioneering companies on the planet. Our job is to inspire, advise and ratchet up the ambition of business and government to create a sustainable world. We know that digital can help transform the essential systems we rely on to secure a more fulfilling life for us and future generations.
The Technology Strategy Board is all about driving innovation.
Our role is to stimulate technology-enabled innovation in the areas which offer the greatest scope for boosting UK growth and productivity. We promote, support and invest in technology research, development and commercialisation. We spread knowledge, bringing people together to solve problems or make new advances.
We advise Government on how to remove barriers to innovation and accelerate the exploitation of new technologies. And we work in areas where there is a clear potential business benefit, helping today's emerging technologies become the growth sectors of tomorrow.
The Technology Strategy Board is an executive non-departmental public body (NDPB), established by the Government in 2007 and sponsored by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).